Remote Controlled Management (RMC) is a set of connected applications integrated into AIX and available for specific DOS Guide Linux offerings that have a fixed IP configuration as well as secure communications using TCP and therefore UDP protocols between all hosts behind a peer-to-peer domain RMC.
RMC (Resource Monitoring and Control):
RMC is a specific distributed infrastructure and architecture that allows the HMC to easily communicate with the logical partition that you manage. An external network that the partition is allowed to access and that the HMC can also access. For example, if the HMC has a right connection of 9.
Some basic commands can be run to check the location of rmc configurations, and some RSCT version dependencies remain despite the commands you use. RSCT 3.2.x The x levels are the latest and therefore available in the latest versions of AIX and VIOS. The most preferred settings areyut RSCT, close to the level of 3.1.x.x. The main queries you can perform to effectively check RMC are listed below.
1. How to check RMC status on LPAR a as root user (AIX or VIOS)
lslpp -l rsct.core.rmc —> This set of files should be closed as 3.1.0.x above or
/usr/sbin/rsct/bin/ctsvhbac —> Are all IP addresses and hosts legal?
lsrsrc IBM.MCP —> Is the HMC listed as a resource?
What is RMC in HMC?
The Resource Monitoring and Management (RMC) subsystem runs on the Power Hardware Management Console (HMC) and logical partitions (LPAR) that can run an AIX® or Linux® operating unit or a Virtual I / O Server (VIOS). to become the arena of management between the HMC and logical partitions, the HMC aims to
B. Only applicable when using AIX 6.1 TL5 and earlier
lslpp -l csm.client —> This set of files needs to be configured
lsrsrc IBM.ManagementServer —> Is the HMC a resource?
2. Check RMC status in management console (HMC or FSM as administrator)
How do you use Dlpar in HMC 9?
Remove the adapter from the current section. Change part of the resource when connecting to a section. Choose Resources> All Wall Surfaces. Select a section that now has its own resource.
Add the adapter to the target section as needed. Select the laser target section. Select Physical I / O Adapters: Click Add Adapter.
3. If you don’t answer any of the questions above, recovery action will be required.
A. You need to install missing file sets or fixes.
B. If the RSCT file set rsct.core.rmc is 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199, APARs apply.
C. Fix It commands (Run as root using LPAR and management console)
(1) Try the following instructions first as a super administrator of the HMC
lspartition -dlparreset (for useI’m in HMC v7)
diagrmc –autocorrect -v (use if you think HMC is v8)
(2) In LPAR, first try to run these commands in the same way
(3) Wait a few minutes and check the status of the logical partition again using one of the lsrsrc commands listed above to see if the resources for the HMC are loaded, and if you need to try something, enter the following options.
(a) WARNING. Running the generic recfgct command on a single peer or RSCT domain node in a Significant (CAA) AIX environment should NOT be run until alternative precautions have been taken. This note may not cover all aspects of RSCT or other aspects of the cluster. If you have an application that supports RSCT, such as PowerHA, VIOS storage pools, and some other places, don’t proceed until you contact support because you really need to determine if your system is indeed your own CAA cluster member. In this case, see the Reliable Scalable Cluster Technology white paper titled “Troubleshooting the Resource Monitoring and Control Subsystem (RMC).
(b) Pay particular attention to the “Diagnostic Procedure” section to read and find out if your host is a member of a domain other than one of the management domains in our management console.
(5) If the above points do not help, you must agree to request Pesh passwords from IBM Support for your management console to run one of the recfgct and rmcctrl commands listed above. After
(7) Running the above commands will take a few minutes to re-establish the RMC connection. The best monitoring tactic is to run the lspartition -dlpar command on the Management Every console for a few minutes and see if the target LPAR matches non-zero DCap values.
4. Things to consider before using the above repair commands or when the reconfiguration commands don’t work.
A. Network problems are often overlooked or avoided. Some network configuration items may be required if commands that reconfigure RSCT do not restore functionality There is a DLPAR. If it is determined that a network error has occurred, additional debugging steps are required and are not covered further in this tech note. However, in general, there are common network issues that can prevent RMC communication between the management console and logical partitions, including the following.
(1) Firewalls block RMC-related bidirectional traffic for UDP and TCP on port 657. A rough check of TCP connectivity is to use telnet between the LPAR and port 657 on the HMC to see if you can log in (telnet
How can I check my RMC status?
Full check of the HMC RMC port of each partition
Verify that the HMC firewall is open and authenticated to receive port 657 and is accessible to users or multiple partitions. From this section, use the telnet command to find out if the HMC 657 port is open for RMC use.
(2) Combination of jumbo frames with standard Ethernet frames between management console and LPAR.
(3) Severalo Interfaces with IP addresses on the LPAR through which traffic can be routed to the management console.
B. The above steps only cover some of the most common and simple RMC communication error conflicts. If you are unable to re-establish the RMC connection by running the suggested commands, further investigation is required. Data collection tools such as pedbg in the management console, ctsnap, and LPAR are among the following tools that should be outdated in order to take a closer look at the issue.
5. If the main steps listed above have been checked or are being performed alternately and RMC is still not working, it’s time to collect more data.
(1) Check the type of clock setting in the LPAR and control panel to ensure they are properly synchronized (use the date command). Clock synchronization greatly facilitates data verification.
(2) Build a simple
from the LPAR
(a) If AIX LPAR is used as the main executable
How do you check if the Dlpar is working or not?
The best thing you can watch is to run the exact command lspartition -dlpar on the management console every few minutes and train the target LPAR with non-zero DCaps, it’s worth it.
(b) When the LPAR VIOS is started as Padmin
B. As root
build ctsnap from the LPAR.
How can I check my RMC status?
Checking the HMC RMC docking station from each section
Make sure our HMC firewall is open, authenticated to port 657, and accessible on one or the otherIn several sections. In the new section, use the telnet command to verify that the HMC port 657 is open for RMC use.
C. Create pedbg from admin console as shown below.